The weather this weekend decide to make Black Friday a little more true to it’s name and has shut off the power at the shop. We will be closed today, but back open tomorrow, Monday, December 2, 2019 with one last day of great Black Friday deals!
|9 King St. W
With colder weather upon us, many riders want to explore indoor riding options. Now you can immerse yourself into an all-new indoor training experience with Zwift! From the warmth and comfort of your own home, you can explore virtual worlds, train with structured workouts, and meet your friends online for social group rides. We have a Saris H3 Trainer setup running Zwift so you can visit Freewheel to try before you buy. You’re going to love it!
If virtual training isn’t your cup of tea, you can always sign up for our in-house spin classes for a more analog, face-to-face experience.
On Saturday December 7th we will be winding our way through the festively decorated streets of Dundas on our decorated bicycles. Bring your family and join us as we will be celebrating the season with a bike ride followed by hot chocolate and homemade cookies.
This free event is open to all ages, covering 7km of the most sparkly neighbourhoods, some of which have moderate hills.
Donations of food, clothing or unwrapped toy will be accepted for the AM900 CHML Children’s Fund/Christmas Tree of Hope and will be dropped off at the Dundas Fire Station 23 at the beginning of our ride!
New for this Year! Prizes for Best Dressed Bike; Worst Christmas Sweater; Most Food Donated; and Most Toys Donated.
- 4:30 Meet in the back parking lot of Freewheel Cycle in Dundas
- 5:00 Our seasonal pedalling parade begins winding through town to enjoy the light displays. First stop, the Dundas First Station 23 to drop off our donations.
- 6:30 Back at Freewheel for cocoa, homemade Christmas treats and a social time with your favourite ride leaders and Freewheel Staff
What you need:
- Sign the online event waiver: https://forms.gle/H1JJUj9azJKjD5hq9
- A bicycle suitable for the conditions
- LIGHTS on you and your bike!!
- Cycling specific helmet
- BYO-Mug for hot chocolate
- Attire appropriate for the weather
- Must be able to ride ~8km; 100m of climbing
- Bike decorations and festive attire encouraged
- Donation of food, clothing or unwrapped toy
- Holiday spirit!
Folks! Tomorrow we will be closed for Thanksgiving, with regular fall/winter hours resuming on Tuesday! We’re thankful for bikes, new zones, cool places to ride, great rides, and fun friends!
The Giro Terraduro & Terradura are versatile mountain bike shoes that blend walkability, and pedalling stiffness, making them perfect for all-mountain and enduro riding. The only thing that makes these shoes even better is that they’re on sale right now at Freewheel! Visit the shop to try on a pair!
Sunday, October 6, 2019
2:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Location: Freewheel Cycle
9 King St. W, Dundas ON, L9H 1T5
The Freewheel Dirt Girls had a lot of adventures, meeting up with old friends and making new ones. Now it’s our turn to invite our friends to come ride our ‘home’ trails with us. A hearty welcome to friends old and new, and friends we haven’t even met yet!
We will be showcasing our awesome trail network to fellow amazing women mountain bikers with beginner, intermediate and advanced guided rides, complete with a feed station. This is a women’s focused event. Mates & dates are welcome to join in the fun so long as they respect our ride as a fun and empowering women’s mountain bike ride.
There’s fun for riders of all skill and comfort levels levels:
- BEGINNER: about 10km of single and doubletrack with less than 100m of climbing.
- INTERMEDIATE: 15-22km mix of single and doubletrack as well as paved road. The climbing will include an on-road climb for a ride-total of approximately 300m climbing.
- ADVANCED: 30km, a mix of road, single and doubletrack as well as more than 400m of challenging-but-doable climbing.
And after the ride, we will host a tailgate party in the parking lot at Freewheel Cycle with refreshments and a BBQ.
All this for $5?! Seems pretty sweet, eh? How about knowing that your $5 is donated to Hamilton Burlington Mountain Biking Association, the stewards of our amazing trail network? As such, tickets are non-refundable.
Not riding, you just want to join in the post ride vibe and feasting? There’s an option for non-riding tickets.
No raindate; Mel guarantees we won’t need it. 😉Buy Tickets
Sunday, June 23, 2019
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Location: Puslinch Tract
4343 Wellington Road 32, Cambridge, N3C 2V4
Get up to get down!
Join PMBI certified coaches Mel Poel and Mari Evans for a 2 hour intermediate MTB skills clinic for women, focusing on climbing and descending technically challenging hills. Learn to conquer those tricky climbs with stability, efficiency and power, then charge back down them with confidence and control.
What you need:
- Register on Eventbrite
- Sign the waiver: https://forms.gle/6XEw1iNVBN8chGUG6
- Mountain bike in good working order
- Cycling specific helmet less than 5 years old
- (bug spray highly recommended)
- Instruction begins at 10am sharp. Plan your arrival so you are ready to roll.
If weather is a factor, the decision to postpone will be made by 6pm on Saturday, June 22. Rain date is TBD.
Sunday June 16th at 10:30am
What better way to celebrate Dad than to explore West Hamilton’s local micro breweries by bike?
On Father’s Day, grab your Dad and join us as we take a leisurely ride to two of our closest local craft breweries, Grain & Grit and Fairweather. We will end our ride at Grupetto, a Dundas cycling themed café, for some Red Door pizza and coffee/pop.
Registration and pre-payment is required for this ride.
Participation is limited to 30 people. So sign up early so you won’t miss out.
Registration closes Saturday June 15th at 3pm.
$30 will get you a flight of beer at each of the breweries. What gets poured into the glass is your choice!
Pizza and a non-alcoholic beverage at Grupetto is included too!
Also you must be 19 years of age or older.
What you need:
- Register/prepay on Eventbrite
- Sign this waiver
- Helmet (less than 5 years old)
- Bicycle (in good working order)
- Bell or horn (it’s the law!)
What we strongly suggest:
- Bicycle lights for safety
- Water bottle
This Social Ride will be 10km and at a leisurely pace.
(Bringing Dad is suggested but totally optional)