Mountain biking is a demanding sport — compromises and shortcuts when it comes to gear are never a good idea. The 4Forty is built to withstand the rigors of a trail-riding life with generous ventilation, the comfort of Float Fit and built-in Sweat Guide, extended rear coverage, a full hard shell, adjustable visor and integrated MIPS protection. Boasting the comfort, protection and broadly capable features of helmets costing twice as much, the 4Forty is a bantamweight, all-conditions, all-kinds-of-trail champion packing a heavyweight value.
- MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.
- Construction: Fusion in-mold polycarbonate shell - a process pioneered by Bell bonds the helmet's outer shell to the EPS foam liner to create a sturdier helmet.
- Goggle-guide adjustable visor: accommodates both goggles and glasses
- Number of vents: 15
- Interior/liner type: Sweat guide pad design pulls moisture away from the brow pad and away from eyewear
- Fit system: Float Fit - a minimalist, lightweight fit system with an easy-to-turn rubber overmolded dial for adjustments (integrated with MIPS)
|Matte/Gloss Gray/Red / Medium||768686467769||7142164||OGC46164457T|
|Matte/Gloss Gray/Red / Large||768686467776||7142165||OGC46733573T|
|Cliffhanger Matte/Gloss Gray/Crimson / Large||768686167218||7101800||OGC5941819T|
|Matte/Gloss Black / Large||768686096334||7088199||2100000787296|