We at Freewheel Cycle value the safety of our staff and our customers and as such are making some changes in response to the rapidly evolving situation surrounding COVID-19.
- Freewheel will be scaling back its daily hours. We will be open 10:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Saturday, and 12:00pm – 5:00pm on Sunday. This is our current plan until Sunday, March 22, 2020, unless otherwise noted.
- We will continue to be here and service bicycles, but we ask that everyone please limit their browsing; this isn’t the time for touching everything in the store.
- Many have been worried about what occurs if there is a forced shutdown and their bicycle is still at Freewheel. If this comes to pass, we will work with everyone to ensure that a pickup can be made by each client as necessary.
- Swap Day will be postponed for the time being. Maybe only by a week, maybe by months, maybe by a year, at this point, we are uncertain when we can and will reschedule. However, if you have a bike here for the swap you may pick it up at your earliest convenience.
We are watching the news, and paying close attention to what health organizations and the government is recommending to ensure the safety and health of both our staff and customers.
A reminder on social distancing: while we always appreciate regulars and others dropping by just for a visit, now is not the time for visits. There will be plenty of time for visits, hangs, group rides, and socials when this all blows over. Now is the time to get your social distancing machine repaired!
This is the first time in more than a decade, maybe even more than two (it’s been THAT* long, we can’t remember…) that we will not open late every weeknight. We look forward to this all being done, and back to us being here late ready for your repairs, questions, and all the fun rides.
* Seriously. We’ve been open for 28 years! That’s a long time in human years! AND way more in dog years! The ole memory bank ain’t quite what it used to be!
We thank each and every one of you for your continued patronage, support, and understanding during these trying times. Stay safe out there.
The Freewheel Cycle Team